With the problem of varicose veins of the lower extremities is familiar to millions of people firsthand. The appearance of varicose veins can lead to pregnancy, excessive exercise, poor diet, standing work, heredity and other factors.
Heavy legs, edema and barely noticeable in the first stage, the blue veins (spider veins) is a serious reason to be suspicious.
The problem, which first caused only minor inconvenience, then it may lead to difficulties when walking and even the appearance of a clot. Look at the photo.
You need to take care of your health in advance and for this you should know what to do with varicose veins and what is not acceptable in any case.
What to do with varicose veins.
You can't run the development of the disease – treatment patients can continue for many years if they are not promptly turned to the doctor. Methods of treatment based on the measures available to everyone.
- The use of special gels and ointments. They can actually remove or reduce pain in the feet, but are effective only if treatment is started at the first stage of varicose veins. Nutrients are only of Vienna, located directly under the skin. In addition, a significant effect of the ointment can occur months after start of treatment, which cannot be interrupted;
- Application of varicose veins of the legs venotonic tools taken only as directed by your specialist. Unlike ointments, they are inside, providing a faster effect. These tools act directly on blood vessels, eliminating damage caused by swelling;
- Treatment with laser. Effective is in relation to the characteristics of the initial stage of varicose veins. After the laser beam impact area with the swelling being restored. It is important that the patient at this time does not feel anything;
- The treatment with ozone injected directly into the area of accumulation of "veins" on the legs. In this case, require more than one procedure to alternately act upon all enlarged veins in the legs;
- The most "rough" method is the interference of the surgeon (phlebectomy). The affected area, which can form a blood clot removed, but already the day after surgery, the patient is able to move independently and go about their daily business.
The massage is performed top-down for free movement of excess liquid from the lower divisions.
To remove a swelling in varicose veins will help massage and pouring of the feet with water at room temperature. Massage is useful because it allows you to "stretch" the muscles of the legs and to normalize the flow of blood.
To do it is recommended daily, making a stroking motion, starting from the knees and moving up. Gentle circular movements massage your hips and go to his knees.
The procedure in the evening will remove the accumulated daily fatigue and reduce the risk of developing varicose veins.
Prevention of developing the disease.
To prevent the development of varicose veins, causing ongoing treatment, it is necessary to observe a number of preventive measures.
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, be sure to increase motor activity. Remember that movement is really life. If a large part of the day do you spend sitting at the computer, let yourself walk in the evenings or regular visits to the gym. Exercises can be performed at any time and at home;
- Pick comfortable clothes and shoes. This concerns not only the beautiful half of humanity, but also men. Blind pursuit of fashion threatens the development of serious diseases. To reduce heaviness in the legs and distribute the load, a special compression bandage;
- Avoid weight gain. Unplanned weight will not only spoil the figure, but also create strain on the lower limbs;
- Include in the diet of foods that strengthen blood vessels. These include: mountain ash, rose hips, strawberries and buckwheat.
Preventive measures for varicose veins is a guarantee that the disease will not develop, threatening the subsequent formation of a thrombus. Remember that frivolous in the first stage, the veins and the "stars" without the prevention and treatment can lead to death.
What not to do for varicose veins.
Timely access to medical advice and treatment, the use sold in a drugstore creams, daily massage and exercise help get rid of the disease. But all efforts will be in vain if you do not pay attention to things, which in any case can not be done with varicose veins. This includes exercising, leading to increased load on the legs and cardiovascular system, and for women wearing shoes with high heels.
Deciding to play sports to combat varicose veins, note the exercises that you are going to perform. Fast running, heavy lifting, intense exercise on a stationary bike and step aerobics are contraindicated for varicose veins. The set of exercises it is desirable to select, in consultation with the doctor.
So, when varicose veins do not:
- Forget about monitoring your weight. Even if the diagnosis is "obesity" and was not put an extra load on the legs will not contribute to resolving problems with veins;
- Lead a sedentary lifestyle, the pressure of blood in the vessels will increase. Standing work requires daily massage and exercises to improve your blood circulation;
- To engage in so-called "power" exercises – perform squats or pushups with weights;
- Intensely to do spinning, running or make active jumping. Will have to leave these exercises for at least as long as the person confirms that the varicose veins of the vanquished;
- These types of massage "cupping" and "honey". Too strong impact on overloaded vessels are able to harm, in contrast to the more soft-massage, during which you gently massage the lower limbs;
- To take hormonal medications without consulting a doctor. As soon as the first signs of varicose veins, you need to pass the examination and inform the doctor about the hormones;
- With varicose veins do not wear shoes with high heels. Forget about the fashionable, but uncomfortable shoes or boots. If it fails to carry out treatment, soon you won't have to be ashamed of the manifestations of varicose veins on the legs;
The symptoms of varicose veins: heavy legs, characterized by "veins", edema is a reason to seek medical attention. We must not forget that it only depends on us whether we are also movable in the elderly or in the still relatively young age begin to suffer from varicose veins of the legs.
Previously it was thought that the disease affected only people over the age of 30-35 years, but now you can see young people who know firsthand what varicose veins. Sedentary lifestyle, improper diet, and neglect of prevention of varicose veins leads to problems, to fight that sometimes for many years.