To cure an extension of the superficial veins of the lower extremities, there are two methods – conservative and surgical.
In this article we will discuss the possible operations on the veins varicose veins, which are the radical treatment option, is able to normalize the blood flow in the extremities.
Surgical treatment is indicated in the following cases:
In the first stage of the pathology – the operation is not carried out. The patient is assigned a drug treatment and diet, recommendations regarding correction of lifestyle.
The second and more advanced stages – the decision on surgery is taken after the transcription tests.
The type of operation is determined by a specialist depending on the anatomy of the venous system and symptoms of varicose veins. Before its implementation, the patient undergoes a complete examination to exclude contraindications to operative treatment, assess the risk of complications.
The following types of operations:
Here are the legs in the photo, before and after:
MHI policy runs only the standard phlebectomy. In a public hospital it is free. Major General contraindications to pregnancy (2-3 trimester), acute infectious disease, myocardial infarction, erysipelas of the legs.
The operation involves:
When combined phlebectomy crossectomy is mandatory. The principle of this method consists in ligation of a large subcutaneous vessel and its tributaries.
Mini-phlebectomy is performed to remove short sections of the veins. Incision during the operation is not done. The doctor removes the "need" the piece of vein is possible by using a thin puncture in the skin that do not require suturing.
As the anesthesia used epidural or spinal anaesthesia. The second type is more preferable. The patient recovers in 2-4 hours.
Less traumatic method. In the vein injected a special drug, the bonding process of the affected vessels. The injection is done using very fine needles.
Some time after surgical intervention at the site formed scar tissue, the affected vessel off from the circulation.
Treat varicose veins with a sclerosing is possible in 2 ways:
|Echo sclerotherapy||Puncture is performed under the control of the duplex scanner. Then, the vein injected a special drug. After surgery is performed the compression of the vessel, causing it to gel on and off from the circulatory system.||Not required|
|Foam sclerotherapy||The least traumatic type of sclerosing. To do the surgery absolutely not painful. In the affected vessel is introduced a foam that suspends the current inside him.||Local|
For best results, there are several treatments sclerosing.
An effective modern method, having many positive reviews. After surgery varicose veins in the legs disappears in 85-95% of cases. The likelihood of recurrence is only 5%.
Laser surgery is performed by introducing into venous lumen thin probe. The radiation of the used laser has a cauterizing effect. The fabric are not cut, cosmetic defects do not exist. Anesthesia – local.
The modern surgical method to eliminate varicose veins.
2-4 is carried out at the stage of the disease. This kind of surgical intervention is based on the laws of physics. The danger to the patient is missing. The method is "burning out" the problem areas by using high-frequency waves. Performed under local anesthesia.
How to prepare for surgery?
To prepare for surgery need the house for 12 hours before the time of its implementation. It is recommended to shave the hair in the groin, on the thigh and calf of the affected leg.
Dinner should be light and have Breakfast before the surgery, not worth it at all.
The goal of rehabilitation is to prevent complications. The likelihood of their occurrence after traumatic surgery is 65%.
The rehabilitation period required after the minimally invasive operations. Its duration depends on the extent of disease and amount of intervention. On average, it lasts for 3-10 days, at this time, the patient is made sick leave.
Limitations and recommendations in the postoperative period:
Drinking alcohol after surgery is not for 2 weeks. Food should be nutritious, but low calorie. Recommended semi-liquid porridge, boiled water, vegetable soups, meatballs, steamed.
With the aim of eliminating the need for repeat surgery to return to work only after 2 weeks after the start of the rehabilitation period.
The activities permitted 3 weeks after surgery. Recommended replacement strength exercises on cardio training. Emphasis should be placed on loads of calf muscles.
Swimming is allowed after 1.5 months. Weight training is shown 3 months after surgery.
Compliance with all medical regulations minimises the likelihood of dangerous consequences and reduces the duration of the rehabilitation period.
After the end of rehabilitation are advised to continue wearing compression hosiery.
The most common complications include:
To get rid of varicose veins using only one conservative treatment is impossible. Without surgery is really only to reduce the brightness of symptoms, to slow the progression of the pathological process and reduce the likelihood of complications.
It is recommended to follow preventive measures, they are presented in the table below:
|What should I do?||Description|
|To make adjustments in lifestyle||To refuse alcohol, tobacco, contraceptives, remove from the diet of fatty foods. Lead an active lifestyle, and to change jobs.|
|To apply the medication prescribed by the doctor||It can be treated with oral medication and external means that you need to smear legs containing troxerutin and other substances.|
|To wear compression stockings||Knitwear is chosen individually. Important is the size and compression class. Linen it is advisable to wear all year round. To change the stockings should be 1 time/6 months.|
To fight the disease and help good habits:
These recommendations help preserve the health of leg veins for decades.