Varicose veins — this is a known cosmetic issue that concerns all of many women, because the legs appear expressed venous grid. This disease not only makes feet unsightly, but also causes a lot of inconvenience, constantly worried about the patient.
It is important to understand that advanced forms of the disease can cause serious complications, so the treatment of varicose veins should begin in the early stages of the disease. Timely and correct therapy will help to avoid surgery and reduce symptoms of the disease.
Varicose veins is a chronic disease, varicose veins increase in size, deformed, broken blood tissue exchange. As a result, nodes appear under the skin, and visible venous mesh and blue stars. Usually varicose veins occur in the lower extremities, but sometimes the disease affects the internal organs.
The vessels are arranged in a special way, there are valves that let blood only up, it is necessary that it is normally circulated and not stagnant. If the valves for any reason cease to function properly, the blood stops normally leave the vessels to dilate and elongate.
Varicose veins are divided into several types, depending on where it was discovered pathology:
- Varicose disease of the lower extremities is the most common form of the disease. She manifested severe symptoms and cosmetic defects, so the diagnosis usually is not difficult. At the moment we have developed an effective scheme of treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities.
- Varicose veins of the uterus. This pathology meets seldom enough, it can trigger factors such as abortion, the hormonal changes during pregnancy or intake of hormonal contraceptives, the valves of the veins in the ovaries. The symptoms are usually similar to other gynecological problems, therefore, to quickly diagnose varicose veins of the uterus rarely. This pathology can cause severe pain, especially during menstruation and subsequent infertility, so you need to be treated necessarily.
- Varicose veins of the esophagus. This pathology usually develops as a complication of heart failure, problems with liver, spleen and other diseases, the disease is rarely congenital. This form of varicose veins is very dangerous, and almost 50% of cases can provoke a fatal outcome. The fact that the first time varicose veins of the esophagus are asymptomatic and makes itself felt sharp, severe pain and bleeding, is more common in patients with liver cirrhosis.
- Varicose veins of the pelvis. This varicose veins is considered a very rare disease and it is little studied, so when Troubleshooting problems often arise. The disease is usually accompanied by pain when urinating, during intercourse. Can increase the veins in the groin and hips that is not always evident. Because of such blurred symptoms patients usually go to a gynecologist or urologist, who may not immediately notice problems with veins the treatment of other diseases.
- Varicocele. This disease affects only males, while varicose veins occur in the veins of the spermatic cord, which is located between the testicles and inguine. Most often the disease affects boys, sometimes it happens in born, the reason surrendered inherited problems with the valves of the vessels. Varicocele occurs often entirely asymptomatic and undergoes at a certain age, the patient may not know anything about it. In other cases, appear dragging pain in the testicles, then the person is forced to report symptoms to the doctor.
At the location of the veins share the following types of varicose veins:
- Varicose veins in the large and small saphenous veins.
There are several reasons that can cause varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- If a person spends a lot of time in the standing position, especially in shoes with heels.
- Women during pregnancy are more prone to varicose veins, as it greatly increases the load on the legs.
- People with overweight and obesity often also suffer from varicose veins.
- When wearing tight stockings, they can compress veins.
- Genetic predisposition can be the cause of the disease, in this case, the varicose veins occurs already in childhood, if the body is exposed to negative factors provoking it.
- Varicose disease of the lower limbs often becomes the companion of people who lead a sedentary lifestyle and work at a computer. When the legs are kept in a bent position, lack of movement, there is poor circulation.
- If a person is constantly under stress, blood vessels spazmiruyutsya, blood circulation occurs and varicose veins.
- With the constant use of alcohol and tobacco also occurs vasospasm.
- To provoke an outbreak of obstacles that do not allow blood to pass, it could be blood clots or tumors. In pregnant growing uterus can compress blood vessels.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women, is very often the cause of varicose veins of the lower extremities.
It is important to understand that almost all the causes of varicose veins may be avoided to lead a good lifestyle, because they primarily depend on the patient. Is that a genetic predisposition to fight hard, but this pathology is quite rare, and it is possible to win, if you raise a child in a healthy atmosphere.
The disease usually occurs in several stages, which are accompanied by characteristic symptoms:
- At the very first stage, the patient will not see any symptoms of varicose veins, but it will disturb aching pain in the legs, fatigue, swelling in the evenings. Typically, symptoms appear after a hard day, especially if the patient spends a lot of time on my feet. When walking in heels legs will seem less hardy. Many women note that a few years ago they would spend hours walking in heels, and now my legs are tired for a couple of hours. All these signs say that there is a problem and it is necessary to begin to fight right now.
- At the next stage the above symptoms are added cramps that bother mostly at night, they are associated with blood circulation and muscle spasm. Also start to appear all well-known spider veins, at this stage they are pale and not very noticeable.
- The third stage is characterized by more severe pain, severe swelling. Feet may swell to such an extent that it becomes difficult to get into the old shoes, the patient had to pick up a new pair, since it seems that the feet increased. Spider veins become vivid and appear pronounced nodes and seals on the legs.
- The fourth stage is the last, it is characterized by severe pain, a clear violation of blood circulation, the skin becomes pale and dry, and the veins protrude. If you accidentally injure a vein, it will snap, and the place of the node forms an ulcer. The last stage of varicose veins can progress to severe complications, so hold on to it it is not necessary unambiguously.
To the prognosis of treatment was the most positive contact a doctor is needed already with the appearance of pain and unusual fatigue. In this case, the treatment of varicose veins will not take much time massage will help and a course of physiotherapy. But if the disease has already entered the stage when appeared vascular mesh, or nodes, treatment may take a long time, often requires the surgical intervention.
Diagnoses and treats varicose veins in the legs the doctor phlebologist, he is a specialist in veins. Most often this doctor visit in cases where the pathology is obvious and the vascular mesh has already appeared on the skin, until then nobody knows about it. It is in vain, as to visit phlebologist annually is necessary for the following categories of patients:
- Pregnant women more than 20 weeks, especially with a big weight gain, and those who in the family has relatives with a similar diagnosis;
- The people working on my feet or sitting for long time;
- Women who spend a lot of time in shoes with high heels;
- People doing sports regularly, especially professional athletes and those who lift weights;
- People with a large overweight;
- People over 50, especially females.
- People who regularly drink alcohol, smoke or use drugs;
- People who have a genetic predisposition;
- Patients suffering from hormonal disorders;
- People who love to eat fatty and spicy food;
- Patients in whom the first symptoms of varicose veins such as tired legs, swelling in the evenings, convulsions.
Not only is it important to see your doctor regularly in the presence of at least one risk factor described above, but select competent and experienced professionals. After all, vein disease is very specific and they should be treated properly, so you should not go to the first doctor, it is necessary to verify the presence of the diploma and experience.
When you visit the doctor phlebologist in the first place, the patient will have to answer some questions, share your complaints, remember, hurt varicose veins related. Also the important role played by the presence of various chronic diseases patients often have to visit several specialists.
Signs of varicose veins are usually obvious, the doctor can immediately see swelling, increased venous nodes easily be felt on palpation. Therefore, to establish the preliminary diagnosis seems to be possible already at the first appointment by a competent doctor. For confirmation of diagnosis and clarification of the stage of the disease will need to be examined. Usually assigned the following studies:
This is an ultrasound, where the doctor can see how good the blood flow in the area, it measures the velocity of blood flow, direction, performance valves, detects the presence of blood clots, atherosclerotic plaques, if any.
All patients are usually interested in how to treat varicose veins, if the doctor phlebologist diagnosed. To get rid of varicose veins at the initial stage, when the venous mesh are still mild, you can use conservative methods.
An important role in the treatment of varicose veins play drugs, which appoints the expert. It is important to understand that self-medication can be dangerous, therefore, to prescribe drugs yourself, it is impossible. Dosage each means the doctor selects individually.
What medications are used for varicose veins:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These drugs can relieve the inflammation of the vascular wall, to reduce the pain;
- Phlebotonics. These drugs improve blood circulation and normalize vascular tone;
- Blood thinning remedies prevent blood clots.
External tools allow you to eliminate stagnant processes in tissues and reduce the appearance of varicose veins at the initial stage. It is important to understand that creams and gels are ineffective in advanced forms of the disease.
Nowadays, there are several therapeutic methods that can get rid of a cosmetic defect at the initial stage of the disease:
- Laser therapy. A special apparatus effect on venous grids, heating them and causing their reduction.
- Hydrotherapy. If such a procedure on the skin of water of different temperatures, causing the vessels to expand and contract, they become more elastic and return to their previous state.
- Compression underwear. This method is more suitable for the prevention as for the treatment of special effect it gives, but can be used in combination therapy. To wear stockings you need people who are prone to varicose veins, such as pregnant and elderly women.
- Massage helps to restore circulation, it is especially effective in the early stages of the disease.
In complicated forms prescribed surgical treatment of varicose veins in the legs, which is performed when an operation to restore circulation. If necessary, remove blood clots and inflamed vessels, replacing them with prosthesis.
Treatment of varicose veins is usually complex, the patient may need to reduce the impact of negative factors deteriorating the condition of the veins. First and foremost, it is recommended to unload the legs, it is necessary to refuse from tight shoes with high heels. It is better to choose model of the natural materials that well fit the foot, not squeezing them.
Also it is necessary to normalize physical activity, the load should not be completely absent, but excessive should not be. You need to give your feet time to rest, but not to forget to do therapeutic exercises, especially in the morning. Complex physical therapy can help strengthen muscles, reduce the risk of stagnant processes in the tissues and improve circulation. It is important to note that in the period of acute physical exercise do not.
An important role in the treatment of varicose veins is nutrition. It is necessary to exclude alcohol, coffee as these drinks dilate the veins, it's dangerous with varicose veins and greatly exacerbates the situation. You cannot eat fatty, spicy, smoked, salty and other unhealthy foods.
Impossible to visit during varicose physiotherapy without the testimony of the expert. Such methods provoke the inflow of blood in tissues and varicose veins outflow is usually broken, so physical therapy will trigger swelling and complications.